Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Swam a Mile & I Ran Around an Island

Swimming a mile doesn't sound like a whole lot, but swimming is considerably more effort than running or biking for me.

I'm sorta like a brick in the water, not too graceful.  (Kinda like how I am on land.)  I'm a clumsy fool, but at least my body is starting to compensate for this, and my endurance is improving.

I can be clumsy for a longer period of time!  In fact, I can now swim a clumsy mile!  Sweet!  :)

Today, however, I timed a gentleman in the infamous "Annual One Hour Swim" event that the Masters Clubs across the country participate in.  This guy swam a total of 4525 yards.  That's over 2.5 miles!  In an hour!!  It took me the good part of an hour just to do my one mile.

Also, last Sunday, David, the wolfpack, & I met in Marblehead at Heather's house to watch the game that shall not be discussed, and have dinner.  The dinner part was excellent, the game, not so much. I'm not really a football fan, so during the game, I took off for a run around the Island for 3 miles.  It was totally awesome!  A little chilly, but very beautiful.

I also got to use the flashy LED in my gloves!  It got dark while I was running, so I turned on the LED to warn cars there was a clumsy brick running up ahead.  I didn't get run over.  Mission accomplished.

This is just passed the causeway looking south towards Boston (you can see an ity bity Boston in the middle of the photo).


One thing I still have trouble with is seeing snow on a shoreline.  That just isn't normal in the world of a South Florida Girl like myself.  It is a beautiful sight, though.  :)  Praise God, you make some purty stuff.

And, in looking at the beautiful white snow along the shoreline, I kept singing one particular song in my head the whole time I was running:


JESUS PAID IT ALL

I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

Lord, now in-deed I find,
Thy power, and thine alone,
Can change the leper's spots,
And melt the heart of stone.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I,
Where-by the grace to claim;
I'll wash my garments white,
In the blood of Calvary's Lamb.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
"Jesus died my soul to save,"
My lips shall still repeat.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment