Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bike Class Part Two & I Won the Husband Lottery

Bike Class on Thursday was slick!  The most important thing I learned was that I don't have to be intimidated by the bike.  It's just a series of adjustment screws, barrels, cables and hex bolts.  If something doesn't move in the right direction, just try it the other way.

We trued our rear wheels, learned about the internals of the bottom bracket, hubs & cones, and the headset, adjusted brake pads & cables, rear & front derailleurs and cables, and tightened all the stuff in between.  All in all, it was a productive class, and my bike was shifting like a champ today during my long aerobic ride.  The instructor, Seth, was a cool guy with lots of nice helpful tid bits.  Thanks for taking my picture in the shop too, Seth!


This week, I'm wrapping up a recovery week.  I still have workouts, but they are slightly less intense than a build week.  So it was weird that Thursday's swim felt a bit like I was dragging an anchor behind me.  A lot of my workouts this week have felt that way, but my coach, Kate, explained that a recovery week can feel like this.  The body is processing all the work it's been doing over the last 3 build weeks, and you can experience some sluggishness.  Athletes who taper before a big race can experience this too at the beginning of a taper.

Next week starts a new build week, and with that, my long runs become 4.5 miles instead of 4.  I must be crazy because this is pretty exciting stuff to me.  One of these days, I'll be strong enough to run the Applefest Half Marathon course for a long run.  A girl can dream.

Okay ladies, now don't be jealous, but after a day of crafting today with my good friend Angel, I came home to this:
That would be my incredible husband, David, cleaning the oven.  Not only did he clean all the crud out of the oven, but he scrubbed the cook top, took everything off the counters and scrubbed those too.  Where did this man come from, and how on Earth did he become my husband?  Answer:  God is soooo good.

From Colossians 3, verse 19:
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

And from me:
My husband, David, is harsh with the crud in the oven.  He is an amazing gift from God because he loves me and I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment