Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why I Love Sundays

  • I get to sleep in some.
  • I get to experiment with new breakfasts.  (Today was a failed experiment of a blueberry omelet, but it was pretty funny.  It kinda looked like green eggs.  I just needed some ham to go with it.
  • I get to teach Sunday School to some very gifted three year olds that astound me with their clever little minds.
  • I get to worship my God and learn from our pastor, who is also gifted with a brilliant mind for taking something from the old testament and making it very relevant to things we go through today.  Like Numbers 11.
  • I have my long aerobic run.
  • I get to spend the afternoon with my husband and puppies.

    Today was especially lovely.  The weather was perfect, a nice dry, 52 degrees.  The park was filled with folks enjoying the last few nice days before Winter sets in.  The smiles on everyone's face reminds you that you're in good company with others delighting themselves in the beauty of our God's world.



    Today on my run, I passed a couple, probably around my age, and the gentleman said, "There she goes, making it look easy again!"  Now, I have to be honest, I don't remember this couple from any other time, but it gave me such a lift.  A lot of times, when I'm running, it's not easy.  I struggle with keeping my heart rate in the right zone and pushing my cadence when I start to feel slow.  There are too many things to think about that should start to come natural with time, but it's not that easy for me.  It was a surprising compliment from a stranger, and it made me smile.  Thank you, Sir!  I'll remember y'all next time!



    After I came home, my husband, the dogs, and I took a little nap on the couch while NASCAR was on, then we had a simple dinner at the diner, went grocery shopping and made four pizzas to freeze.  I cannot tell you how much I love my life.  :)

    It was a joyful day.  My long runs are a good opportunity to spend time with God, pray, and enjoy his world.  I am grateful for the incredibly blessed life I have.  My God is good.

    "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

    No comments:

    Post a Comment